Arnhem, the Netherlands
Wann:27 March 2015Add to calendar 2015/03/27 09:30 2015/03/27 16:00 DNV GL Seminar: The Future of the Electricity Market Sign up for DNV GL's seminar on the future of the electricty market and tour the High-Voltage lab.
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
The electricity industry is in full swing, and there is a lot of debate around the future of the electricity market. This also has implications for price formation in the market and thus on energy costs. There are many important questions to consider, such as:
- What does the future of the electricity market look like?
- Will the way we buy electricity change?
- Do we, in the future, have to pay an extra fee to maintain unprofitable power plants as reserve/back-up?
- Will we be able to apply our flexibility to support the network in exchange for an attractive compensation?
- Will the "energy-only" model provide sufficient guarantee of efficient prices and adequate supply?
In order to be well informed about these developments, VEMW organizes in cooperation with DNV GL (formerly KEMA) the seminar "The Future of the Electricity Market, on Friday March 27, in Arnhem, Netherlands. Several speakers will give their views on the electricity market of the future. Led by the Director Energy market of the Ministry of Economic Affairs - power producers, network operators and a VEMW member will have an interesting debate with each other. Topics will include:
- How to map and optimize flexibility?
- How to redeem flexibility?
- How do flexibility and sustainable electricity management work in practice?
Afterwards, there will be a tour in the largest, commercially operated, high voltage lab in the world of DNV GL – KEMA Laboratories. Are you involved with energy policy or with the purchase of energy and you want to know what to expect in the future, then you shouldn’t miss this seminar!
Program - March 27, 2015
10:30 Start program
15:00 Tour of DNV GL's High Voltage Lab
16:00 Closing and network drinks
Are you interested? Please register for this seminar. Participation is free of charge but reserved for VEMW members. More information and the registration form can be found here.