Wann:18 February 2016Add to calendar 2016/02/18 09:00 2016/02/18 16:00 WEBINAR - Quick and accurate mesh refinement – From global to detailed analyses
This only adds the event to your calendar, please remember to register for this event. https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
Free of charge
- Teilnahme: Register here
In this DNV GL Tech-talk webinar we will demonstrate how easy it has become to refine global analysis models for the purpose of refined stress or fatigue analysis.
- 8:00 AM London time
- 9:00 AM Central European time
- 12:00 Noon Dubai time
- 4:00 PM Beijing /Perth / Singapore time
- 9:00 AM Houston time / Central US Canada time
- 4:00 PM Central European time
- 3:00 PM London time
- 7:00 PM Dubai time
Mesh refinement has previously been a complicated and time consuming process. With Sesam software this is not any longer the case. We will demonstrate the efficiency and easiness of mesh refinement, saving you and your department valuable time. We will also show how the new Sesam functionality can help you to fully control the quality of the FE mesh.
Agenda/topics of the webinar:
- Automatic meshing - use global settings for mesh control
- Partial meshing – save time during redesign
- Mesh editing – manual changes of a mesh to get a desired mesh lay-out
- Mesh refinement – manual or automatic options for refining parts of a mesh
- Demonstration of edit mesh, refine mesh and how to refine a joint from beam to shell
- From this webinar the attendee will understand the efficiency of using concept modelling as the basis prior to making analysis models by use of automatic and manual meshing.
- The methodology we have developed in Sesam gives our users a high degree of design flexibility as it is very easy to change a model during design or operational stage.
- On a more detailed level the attendee will learn how to edit (changed by user to meet specific criteria) a mesh and how to go from a global to a detailed FE model. Two different scenarios will be shown – improving the mesh only and refining the concept model prior to meshing.
Speaker Ole Jan Nekstad:
Ole Jan Nekstad has 30+ years of experience in structural and finite element analysis of ship and offshore structures. Following the education at NTNU (Trondheim) he joined DNV in 1982. He was involved in numerous FE analyses during the 1980’ies. He lead the JIP “Sesam 2000 project” that lead to Sesam as we know it today. Since then he has worked as the Product Director of Sesam focusing customer driven development and globalization of Sesam as a design tool. Together with the rest of the DNV GL team, he has led Sesam to become a market leader during the two last decades.