Intense competition and an overcrowded market are current challenges for ship operators. With EEDI verification of ships in service, you have strong support for staying competitive. But who can you rely on?
DNV GL holds profound expertise in EEDI calculations. The Energy Efficiency Design Index is the most important KPI in the shipping industry, to benchmark vessels on the same market or within the same fleet. It states your ship’s transport efficiency in terms of carbon emissions according to IMO requirements.
Our up-to-date-knowledge covers all the respective regulations:
Voluntary EEDI verification for ships in operation supports ship owners and managers in benchmarking their ships’ efficiency. Our service for voluntary EEDI verification includes the validation and review of provided technical documentation as well as the independent calculation of attained EEDI. We then issue an EEDI Statement of Compliance as document of proof.
Mandatory EEDI advisory service for newbuildings supports ship designers and yards. Our service for mandatory EEDI advisory includes the calculation and optimization of attained EEDI as well as the assessment of minimum required propulsion. Afterwards, we provide you with all the technical documentation.
Take advantage of DNV GL’s profound expertise in EEDI calculation:
- Proper and correct documentation centred round EEDI verification
- Expresses your commitement to a sustainable future
- Proof of energy-efficient design
- Opportunity to profit from EEDI abatement programmes, e.g. under flag of Singapore
- Voluntary certification offers an advantage in negotiations with charterers or financing banks