The sporadic nature of many renewable energy sources make batteries an essential part of “always-on”, green electricity networks. But authorities, network operators and consumers need to be sure those batteries are reliable and safe. DNV GL’s standards-based battery testing services help you ensure your chosen battery solution operates correctly and safely in all conditions.
Our independent testing covers the full range of battery technologies: from single cells to complete systems with cycle capacities up to 2 MW. We offer both in-field testing and lab-based testing at our KEMA Laboratory USA (Chalfont) and BEST Test and Commercialization Center (BEST T&CC) facilities. Components are tested according to relevant international standards.
- Single cell testing and evaluation: up to 5 V and 600 A
- Cell / module / pack level battery life testing: up to 20 V and 600 A
- Module / battery level battery life testing: up to 100 V and 600 A
- System / battery pack testing and evaluation: up to 1000 V and 500 A (max. 240 kW)
- System level testing up to 240 kW at BEST T&CC and 2 MW at KEMA Laboratory USA
- Lithium ion
- Nickel based
- Sodium nickel
- Sodium sulphur
- Redox flow
- Metal air
- Flow batteries
- Lead acid (VRLA)