External and internal communication is critical to the safety of crew, passengers and the environment.
DNV GL has a team of dedicated specialists that offers expertise in all aspects of safety and compliance. We provide assessments as required by SOLAS, the MODU Code, the HSC Code, the LSA Code, DNV GL rules for ships and DNV GL offshore codes.
Our expertise covers:
- Global Maritime Distress and Safety Systems (GMDSS), i.e. communication devices for distress purposes, position locating devices and Maritime Safety Information (MSI) receivers
- Internal communication systems such as Public Address (PA), General Alarm (GA) and internal two-way voice communication
- Design approval
- Type approval
- MED certification
- Radio surveys
- Issuance of GMDSS radio certificates on behalf of different flag states
- Approval of service suppliers
- Technical expert support
DNV GL’s communication experts contribute internationally to the development of new standards as well as the optimisation of existing standards. This makes us best placed to provide you with the latest regulatory updates and current technical news.
Certification from DNV GL, one of the world’s leading classification societies, offers added value:
- Expert support in all questions regarding safety and compliance of your communication systems
- Smart certification processes and easy exchange of information
- Proof of quality for your products building trust and confidence with your customers