Energy efficiency is key for competitiveness on shipping markets: Energy-efficient companies achieve higher utilisation and better rates at lower costs. Reactive companies are left behind and forced to catch up quickly.
Our advisory experts have developed a modular four-phase approach that leverages our experience from more than 80 energy management projects.
Once we assess your company through document reviews, interviews, workshops and vessel visits, we generate best-practice benchmarking and perform a capability assessment. This allows us to define customised solutions that fit your business needs.
To help you to realise the savings from technical, operational or managerial measures, we support you in effectively setting up energy management in your organisation.
Our approach to effective performance management also includes elevating the awareness of energy management and the capabilities of both your crews and shore-based staff. Our approach is especially geared towards ship managers, operators, and ship owners. It gives you the leverage you need to be effective in a competitive market.
Effective energy management with DNV GL gives you:
- Higher cost savings by reducing your bunker costs and operational expenditure (OPEX)
- More attractive conditions for the charter and freight markets
- Compliancy with existing and upcoming regulations
- Transparency for effective performance management
- Implementation support and change management