Reliable environmental data and analysis support decisions and regulatory compliance, and help improve environmental performance.
Our environmental laboratory has performed baseline and monitoring surveys for more than 20 years.
It is accredited (ISO 17025) for sampling of marine sediments for environmental analyses, and also undertakes accredited analyses of marine macro fauna, an important indicator of pollution.
In environmentally-sensitive areas, we use remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) to document sea-bottom structure and sensitive habitats (red-listed species like corals and sponges). ROV surveys are typically catalogued on geographical information system (GIS) maps with interpretation of substrate (soft, gravel, rocks, etc.), habitats, and faunal communities, and identification of other activities such as trawling.
What we offer:
- Expert assessments and advice by highly skilled marine biologists
- Sediment assessment:
- Sediment sampling and biological analysis
- Species identification
- Chemical analyses by trusted partner laboratories.
- Water column assessment:
- Water sampling at given depths
- Plankton sampling
- Chemical analyses and species identification by trusted partner laboratories.
- Visual mapping and monitoring:
- ROV inspections
- Certified divers for mapping and monitoring in shallow waters.
- Sensor monitoring:
- Hydrographic data collection and analysis
- Oceanographic data collection and analysis using subsea sensors
- Online data transfer.