Special circumstances require special measures. Sometimes a solution cannot be “out of the box”, yet every innovative design or solution still needs to comply with national or international regulations for safety.
For any situation in which a novel design is needed, or alternative design due to changes in production, we are your reliable partner for proving compliancy. We provide the solutions you need to help you remain competitive and gain flag state approval.Safety equivalence analysis
To verify the equivalence of innovative constructions, systems, components, materials or operation to prescriptive designs, we use analysis methods and processes geared toward MSC/Circ. 1002, MSC/Circ. 1212 and MSC/Circ. 1455.Equivalence analysis for fire zones
We consider the size of main vertical zones, large fire protection closures and the use of innovative materials for proving compliancy to SOLAS regulations SOLAS Ch. I Reg. 5 and SOLAS Ch. II-2 Reg. 17.Equivalence analysis for life-saving appliances (LSA)
If you want to use large lifeboats or tender boats for more than 150 persons, we can analyse the LSA in line with SOLAS Ch. I Reg. 5 and SOLAS Ch. III Reg. 38.Probabilistic Analysis
To verify the equivalence of your innovative constructions, systems and components to a proven design, we also use high-level probabilistic analyses in combination with finite element analyses.
Save costs and remain competitive with equivalent analysis from DNV GL:
- Profit from more attractive and competitive designs, making you more flexible in what you can offer
- Gain approval for cruise vessel designs or change in cargo by demonstrating that the safety integrity is not compromised
- Shipyards benefit from more efficient production by using alternative designs or materials
- Increase the capacity of LSAs with innovative constructions
- Achieve class, flag state or USCG approval, thanks to recommendations based on our experience and expertise
- Ensure safety at all times and be confident knowing you meet all the necessary regulations