Controlled and optimised use of information assets
Companies can easily be overwhelmed with information and information management challenges. Insufficient management of these resources, combined with poor quality of information, is a major cost driver and a potential risk in all kinds of oil and gas operations.
Information resources are not like other types of assets. The more information is used across the business and in different contexts, the more valuable it becomes. Therefor companies’ tolerance level for inaccurate, unavailable or outdated information is decreasing fast.
Managing information assets well - along with the ability to act proactively when faced with business opportunities, changing regulations and market fluctuations will provide you with competitive edge.
DNV GL can help improve your business performance and meet these challenges. Using standards, multidisciplinary industry expertise and proven methods, we can help you assess, develop and implement adaptable strategies and processes that turn information into valuable business assets.
We can assist with specifying requirements and solutions for information management processes and corresponding systems, and with follow-up during deployment and use. Our approach encompasses a business life cycle perspective that is independent of your company’s current technologies, processes or tools.
What you get:
- An understanding of information dependencies to enable a more “fit for purpose” information architecture and process alignment
- Proven solutions for identification and treatment of information risks associated with business practices
- Demonstrable compliance with regulatory and company requirements
- Improved decision-making processes based on information quality, timeliness, availability and trustworthiness
- Strategies and solutions to life cycle information management (LCI) challenges, including requirements, processes and systems.