For ships over 500 GT in international trade, ISPS certification is mandatory. This requires effective measures for on-going compliance and management of risks through an effective security management system on board.
Backed by our large and comprehensive worldwide network, more than 650 local DNV GL auditors can provide our ISPS Code services at over 300 sites in more than 100 countries. With our commitment to quick decision-making and fast processing times, they work together with you to ensure that the process for your ISPS Code certification is handled efficiently.
With DNV GL, you have all the support you need for ISPS:
- Workshops and training for both on-board and onshore staff
- Gap analysis, SSP approvals, audits and certification
- Voluntary statements of compliance
Our highly qualified, professional and motivated auditors assess your management system by leveraging an industry best-practice approach. Additionally, we are authorised by all major flag states to approve SSPs, carry out audits and issue ISSCs.
More effective management systems with “Fit for Purpose”
- There are no generic checklists, because the audits are tailored to your needs.
- Where traditional audits only focus on conformity with detailed requirements, we look at the overall effectiveness of your SMS and assess whether it is helping you reach your desired results.
- With overlapping requirements in ISM, ISPS and MLC, we can combine audits
- Our data smart audits provide insight on your competitiveness and support you to proactively identify improvement opportunities and manage risk.
For more information on our approach to certification visit Fit for Purpose
We are your one-stop shop for effective, reliable certification needs:
- Effective and efficient approval, audit and certification services
- Our in-depth knowledge of flag state requirements and extensive cooperation with flag state administrations facilitates prompt and effective solutions
- Combine certification audits with ISM to save valuable time, money and resources