There are various reasons for laying up a vessel, mainly to reduce cost. Yet, at the same time, it is vital that your asset is kept safe and maintained, while being ready for operation whenever needed. We have developed the DNV GL Lay-up Guideline for the safe and cost-efficient lay-up of vessels. We support vessel owners in all the various issues regarding laying-up of a vessel, such as hot or cold lay-up, location, mooring arrangements, class, insurance, manning, maintenance and inspection.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Decision-making support and due diligence
- Specification review and development
- Lay-up supervision
- Site evaluation, including local wind conditions
- Mooring analysis for safe lay-up
- Lay-up declaration for stakeholders
We cover all types of ships – from container ships to RORO or offshore support vessels, rigs, MOUs and more. As a leading service provider for the maritime industry, and with over 150 years of experience, we are your reliable partner for sound advice.
Profit from our in-depth competence in vessel lay-up:
- Safe and cost-efficient vessel lay-up
- Reduced insurance costs during lay-up
- Reduced re-commissioning time and cost
- Reduced re-commissioning scope for DNV GL-classed vessels