The challenges of changing markets and trading patterns, complicated regulatory regimes and cost pressures making your design, shipyard and programme follow-up decisions ever more complex.
We make sure your vessel is fit for purpose – whether it is a newbuilding or conversion project. Our support helps you stay within budget and provide a high-quality ship or MOU on time.
Specification development and review
DNV GL assists you in developing a specification that meets your needs. We review general arrangements, the main drawings and technical specifications to ensure the agreed technical standard, performance and quality of your vessel.
We assess the yard’s ability to build/convert and deliver the vessel according to the contract, specifications, budget and time schedule. Financial, legal and political issues may also be addressed.
Project risk management
DNV GL provides support for management decisions in all phases of a project’s life cycle. Applying a systematic approach to identify, analyse and manage risk against project schedules and goals we contribute to reduce the risk of time and cost overruns.
Project management support
We assist your newbuilding project team in defining and managing cost-effective project schedules and goals. This includes our Nauticus Project Software for online project management.
Project progress is monitored for each of the production phases, with a focus on possible deviations from quality, schedule, budgets and other important plans and strategies.
Use DNV GL as your partner for reliable newbuilding and retrofit support:
- Develop outline specifications meeting customer’s requirements, standards and industry best practices
- Ensure delivery of vessels fit for purpose, on time and within budget
- Reduce the risk of newbuilding delays and cost overruns
- Leverage DNV GL’s multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary expertise
- Profit from competent input backed by broad knowledge and global experience
- Benefit from customised support in line with your business and shipping needs