Automation systems on vessels are becoming more complex to achieve desired reliability and safety. To ensure they are working properly, extensive software testing is becoming an important part of the development process.
DNV GL Maritime Advisory provides tailor-made solutions for equipment manufacturers to support their control system quality assurance and qualification processes.
Since 2003, we have been testing control system software, and we were the pioneers of HIL testing in the offshore and shipping markets. This gives us extensive knowledge of systems, software, test scenarios and setups. For IT security services, our experts have an in-depth understanding of maritime operations and industrial automated control systems.
HIL simulators, TestIT, automated testing and network storm simulators allow for better quality assurance and testing of manufacturers’ control system software. These tools can be used during the design, acceptance tests, commissioning and life cycle of the system. Such tools may also be used as an integral part of class survey.
With the DNV GL System Testing Advisory service for manufacturers, you benefit multi-fold:
- Leasing of a tailored simulator for your business
- Efficient simulator platform for the design and engineering stages
- Better tests towards class society and owner
- Automation of repetitive and predicatable tests during newbuild or operation phases
- Network storm simulator to meet class rules
- Evaluation of cyber security of your systems
- Online or offline training simulator that can be offered to your clients
- Testing support