Proper troubleshooting and damage analysis of rotating machinery problems is often complicated and time-consuming. It requires the involvement of experts across several disciplines to ensure accurate findings.
With a global network and competence across the entire range of mechanical and systems engineering, DNV GL is your ideal partner for expertise in troubleshooting and root cause analysis (RCA). For your rotating machinery diesel engines, gas turbines, gear boxes, compressors, pumps and more, we get to the source of the problem.
Our in-house measurement and analysis capabilities include:
- FEM and CFD analysis
- Fracture mechanics
- Fatigue and dynamics analysis
- Noise and vibration
- Materials and electrical systems
- Hydrodynamics and control systems
Furthermore, we have our own material laboratory for metallurgic analysis of damaged components, such as crankshafts, cams, valves, gear teeth, bearings and more. Experts are also on hand who are highly experienced in methodologies for the troubleshooting process.
To complement our analysis, we propose solutions you can count on. These may encompass design changes or operational changes, or a proposal for enhanced monitoring.
Get to the true root cause of the problem – with our reliable competence:
- Benefit from our multidisciplinary capabilities for finding the true cause of the problem
- Profit from safe, well-functioning and reliable machinery and systems with the support of our recommendations
- Eliminate costly consequences caused by inappropriate component designs or poor component interaction
- Be more flexible – we work with you, external experts or your own experts