Training from the Experts in Renewable Energy
DNV GL offers professional training courses developed inhouse, which are delivered by experienced trainers, who have the support of DNV GL’s unparalleled experience in the renewable energy industry.
DNV GL is a leading provider of independent wind turbine engineering services and software, and has more than 25 years of experience in the design of wind turbines, having contributed to the design and analysis of literally 100’s of wind turbine models. DNV GL have developed more than 15 complete wind turbine models over the last 10 years and have supported manufacturers in developing machines ranging from 60kW to 10MW.
By the end of the course you will:
- Understand the basic principles of a wind turbine
- Be able to build a complete wind turbine model
- Perform load calculations
- Have an understanding of control concepts
- Have an overview of site specific load calculations
Please bring a laptop computer for the course. At the start of the first day you will install Bladed and be given a temporary security device to use for the course.
For more information please click here or contact Andrew Brown.
Areas of Bladed covered within the course:
- Introduction to Bladed
- Building a wind turbine model
- Rotor aerodynamics
- Structural dynamics
- Control and safety systems
- Modelling the environment
- Running steady calculations
- Running Simulations
- Post-processing and reporting
- The role of standards and certification
- Offshore wind climate and wave loading
- Offshore structures and foundations
- Site specific load calculations
- Seismic loading
The 5 day course is designed for new users of Bladed