English (an interpreter from English to Turkish will be provided); course material in Turkish
IEC 61850 is the current international standard used for electrical grid data communication and electrical substation modeling. It is optimized for efficient and reliable transfer of process data and commands within and between Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs) and substations. IEC 61850 has been designed for use over a high-speed network.
This two-day training course focuses on the functionality and features of the IEC 61850 communication protocol. Participants will learn about the objective, scope, capabilities, benefits and restrictions of the IEC 61850 standards. Moreover, the course provides a basis for discussing IEC 61850 with suppliers, consultants and other parties and for structuring the introduction of IEC 61850 to your organization. New developments and practical experiences from IEC 61850 implementations are also covered.
This course was organized on December 7 & 8, 2012. A date for the next course hasn't been determined yet.
For more information, please refer to the leaflet or contact Kerstin Kalke.
For more information in Turkish please contact Tibet Avşar,
T: 90 536 958 6438.
Upon request, Energy Academy can also provide an in-house training course in the English, Spanish or Dutch language (content, location and duration of the course can be adapted to the client's wishes). Please contact us for more information.
Day 1; international standard IEC 61850
- Trends of substation automation
- Structure of the standard
- Basic concerns
- Conformance and test procedures
- Comparison with standard IEC 60870-5-104
- Actual development level of the standard
- Test suite UniCA
- Engineering and data modeling in practice
- Data modeling demonstration
- Introduction, motivation, aims
- History of computer networks
- Protocol abstraction layers and basic concepts
- Reference models
- Layer 1 (physical layer)
- Layer 2 (data link layer)
- Layer 3 (network layer)
- Layer 4 (transport layer)
- Layer 5 + 6 (session + presentation layer)
- Layer 7 (application layer)
Managers, consultants and technical advisors responsible for decision making, long-term strategy, asset management and cost reduction in the context of substation automation and smart grid applications, as well as the supporting operational telecoms infrastructure within and outside the substation.