This course gives participants an overview of the standard, its most important parts, and the keystones that comprise its foundation. In the technical and practical contributions of the instruction, the participants will be introduced to the object-oriented world of the IEC 61850 and the applicable network technology. Particular attention will be given to the illustration of the common equipment and functions with the methods of the standard.
Participants will be provided with comprehensive knowledge so that after completion of the seminar, they:
• understand the standard in its principles, the application area, the possibilities, and the limitations;
• can discuss the topic with partners, suppliers, and consultants in a knowledgeable way;
• can constructively participate in decision-making regarding the application of the IEC 61850 standard in power companies, and
• can assess the standard and the application possibilities of engineering tools.
• Focus points of the standard
• Most important documents
• Background information
• Operation mode
• Application area of testing
• Engineering software
All employees whose work areas touch upon or include substation automation. That might include:
• engineering personnel from substations in industry or power
companies, and / or
• independent consultants